Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Czech Flashback: the hike to Štramberk

locationNový Jičín to Štramberk, Czech Republic
distance: 28 kilometers

details: I enjoyed my solo trip to Ireland so much that upon returning from that trip almost immediately began plotting another one. ultimately, having friends who had visited and enjoyed the heck out of Prague, I settled on the Czech Republic for just over two weeks, corresponding with my golden birthday. my trip to Ireland sparked an interest in hiking that has only grown over time and while in the Czech Republic I made a point of picking towns that afforded me opportunities for day-hikes. some of those hikes I planned well, others ... suffice it to say that I had my first experience with the importance of accurate maps, adequate supplies, and thorough pre-planning while venturing out from the lovely and delightful eastern town of Olomouc.


I wrote about the hike from Nový Jičín to Štramberk extensively when I returned from my trip, so if you want to read more, check out that post over on my history & travel blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment